Music quizzes are super fun and they don’t have to take a lot of time to put together. Do you want to make music clips that are accessible everywhere and that can be played in a foolproof way? With this guide, you will learn that. All you need is a computer and some music files, that’s it!
- Get Audacity for Mac or Windows.
You can use Garageband as well, just follow the same principles.
If you don’t feel like going through the hassle of downloading the software. Go to https://audiotrimmer.com/ and create your clips with the online clips maker. Garageband is exclusive to Mac and may already be installed on your computer.
2. Open up Audacity and drag the MP3 into the software.
3. Select the area you want to remove and press delete
Typically you would want a 15-second clip, so remove the part of the track that you don’t want. Do this by left-clicking and dragging your mouse across the area you wish to remove. Click on the blue waveform.
4. Export the clip as MP3
You now have a music clip. To save the clip, click File in the top left corner. File –> Export –> Export as MP3. Save the file to a folder, name it Music Quiz or something.
5. Repeat this process for all of your music files.
6. Create a Free Soundcloud Account.
In the top bar menu, click upload. Just drag your folder with the created clips into where it says “Drag and drop your tracks & albums here”
7. Wait for your files to upload and create a playlist
Wait for the files to upload. A playlist will be automatically created, just pick a name for the playlist and set it to private so only you or your friends can access it.
Click on the playlist you created.
8. Voila, your done. You can now host an enjoyable music quiz!